Sonya Halsey MA, LMFT
I’m so glad you’re here.
I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and have made helping couples a specialty for 20 years along with helping individuals become their best selves through a better understanding of themselves in context of their relationships.
I specialize in helping couples who have experienced an affair; are “fighting all the time”; are having communication problems; or where one spouse doesn’t feel “in love” anymore.
I also work with individuals who are struggling with depression, anxiety, loneliness and loss. Together we’ll explore what is happening in your relationships, learn new ways of identifying and expressing your wants and needs, focus on building your strengths and finding yourself again. We’ll find short-term relief or and work on long-term goals to achieve the life you deserve. Some of the other approaches I use with teens and adults include CBT, ACT, and mindfulness in sessions. Through a person-centered and positive approach, I focus on building strengths and exploring experiences in a way that works best for you uniquely.
Learn new steps and find yourself again. Whether you’re focused on short-term relief or achieving long-term goals, begin to live a healthier, happier life while finding your best self!
Sonya is available for online counseling services to clients in Pennsylvania. She can provide online coaching services to clients in all 50 states!
- MA in Clinical Psychology from Antioch University, Los Angeles, CA
- MA in English from Columbia University
Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Additional Training and Experience
- Taught middle and high school English at Columbia Preparatory School
- Taught undergraduate psychology courses at Mount Saint Mary’s College in Los Angeles
- Member of American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Former Director of the Los Angeles branch of the prestigious Well Marriage Center
- Training in sex therapy at the Council for Relationships in Philadelphia
|Anxiety||Depression||Marital and premarital|
|Coping skills||Domestic abuse||Life transitions|
|Narcissistic personality||Parenting||Peer relationships|
|Relationship issues||Sex therapy||Divorce|
|Infidelity||Mood disorders||Personality disorders|
|Seniors (65+)||Adolescents/teenagers (14 to 19)||Adults|
|Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)||Family therapy||Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)|
|Veterans||Emotionally focused therapy||Attachment-based|
|Life coaching||Gottman Method||Humanistic|