Start listening to your body and learn a new way to relate to food. The mindful eating workshop will empower you to create a wise and satisfying relationship with food.
Mindful eating incorporates the art of mindfulness to maintain in-the-moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, and sensations, and the environment around us. Being mindful while eating allows us to experience eating in a new whole manner. Learn to enjoy meals and snacks without distractions.
This workshop is appropriate for ages 14 and older.
This workshop will be held Saturday, November 3, 2018 from 1PM to 2:30PM.
This workshop will teach you:
- To find questions to ask yourself when facing a craving
- To be good to yourself with food
- Mindful awareness techniques
- Eating exercises
- Self-kindness exercises
- Guided meditation
- Intuitive eating principles
- To recognize why you eat even when you aren’t hungry
- To shift compulsion to choice
Benefits of Mindful Eating
- Eliminate guilt
- Become aware of hunger cues
- Reduce overeating and emotional eating
- Learn to solve emotional triggers
- Reduce mindless eating
- Feel better about yourself, your body, and your eating habits
- Reduce cravings
- Decrease anxious thoughts and feelings
- Manage weight
This workshop will include:
- Handouts and resources for mindful eating
- Snacks, tea, coffee, and water
This workshop requires registration. Pricing is $40 per participant. Registration closes 48 hours before the workshop time. You may also preregister and receive an invoice via email.