You deserve the best care.
Animals in Therapeutic Sessions
Animal assisted therapy with a trained therapy dog, horse, or other pet allows you to explore and engage in the present moment. This approach provides opportunities to participate in relationships where the animals offer an insight and provide feedback to actions, behavior, energy, breathing, and language, both verbal and non-verbal.
It deepens your awareness of contact styles and choices and responsibilities within relationships. Intimate moments emerge through non-verbal exchanges; this communication between client-therapist-animal is where real change and healing can happen.
Animals in therapeutic treatment help improve:
- Frustration tolerance
- Anger management
- Self-confidence and self-esteem
Other benefits of animal assisted therapy
- Increase in self-reliance and sociability
- Improve sharing behavior in children
- Increase in coping strategies and daily living
- Prevention and reduction in symptoms of depression
- Increased relaxation aided by petting
- Increase in hopefulness
Additional physical wellness effects of animal assisted therapy:
- Decreased heart rate and blood pressure by petting and dog presence
- Comforting, appropriate physical contact and touch
- Increase in feelings of acceptance