To keep the body in good health is a duty. Otherwise, we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear. – Buddha
Making lifestyle changes are not easy and may even be challenging. Trying something new for the first time always brings about a mix of emotions and hesitations, both positive and negative. Our everyday routine can get a little crazy at times and we often forget to stop for a moment and ask ourselves, “How am I doing? Am I truly happy from the inside out?”
Working to incorporate a Health and Wellness plan into your everyday life takes time and dedication, but the results can be astounding. The lifestyle changes will positively impact your overall happiness, health, and emotional well-being.
What is Health and Wellness Planning?
A Wellness Plan is a step by step guide that is created by each individual to meet their personal health and wellness goals. Each plan is designed to provide each individual with short-term, manageable goals, that will help lead to lasting lifestyle changes. Every plan is unique to each individuals needs and is designed with a wide variety of eclectic approaches to reach each goal.
The Counselor’s Role
- Provide guidance, support and motivation throughout the journey
- Will work with each client to conquer ambivalence and overcome obstacles
- Someone that you can collaborate ideas with, trust and give you a confidence boost
- Help you identify triggers and work through any setbacks
- Collaborate with client to develop strategies, resources and tools to help you stay on track
- Hold you accountable and encourage you to make the changes necessary for you to achieve a happy and emotionally balanced life
- Process emotions and feelings that arise