E-counseling, or teletherapy, is conducted over the Internet and allows you to stay in your own environment for the therapy sessions. Teletherapy is most useful for symptoms of anxiety, depression, or agoraphobia. E-counseling can also help with interpersonal relationships and stress management. Sessions are conducted in the same manner as a face-to-face session. Like in-person therapy sessions, everything remains confidential.
Is E-Counseling Right for Me?
Finding treatment that meets your needs and goals can be tough. Sometimes, face-to-face sessions aren’t convenient, and it may prove difficult finding suitable therapists locally. E-Counseling is designed for those who are very busy, physically disabled, immunocompromised, or live in an area that restricts accessibility to mental health services. Common symptoms that benefit most from e-counseling include anxiety, depression, and relationship issues. If you are having difficulty scheduling therapy sessions in an office, e-counseling may be a great option to receive the services you need.
Advantages of E-Counseling
- Reduced Rates: Since overhead costs are reduced for online sessions, the rates are reduced for both the initial evaluation and regular sessions.
- Flexibility: Since you can video chat anywhere and everywhere, there is greater scheduling flexibility.
- Convenience: Check into sessions while traveling, at work, or at home.
- Comfort: Enjoy the comfort of your own environment, without having to travel to a clinic or office.
- Privacy: Create your own space, knowing you won’t run into acquaintances in the waiting room!
- Less intimidating: The comfort and privacy you experience in your environment makes sessions feel easier and more natural.
Clinicians Offering This Service