According to Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn, "Mindfulness means paying attention in a particular way; On purpose, in the present moment, and nonjudgmentally."
Mindfulness is perfect for teens ready to dig deep, learn acceptance, and build self-confidence.
Our Fall 2019 group is now enrolling! Keep reading for more information.
Live with more joy and gratitude through mindfulness skills training. Through a combination of mindful activities, our program will help your teen:
- Develop mindfulness skills to respond effectively, rather than react, and to calm down in a healthy way
- Learn effective coping skills handle stressors and let things go
- Discover inner strengths to maintain self-esteem and confidence
- Approach situations with kindness and curiosity
Does your teen:
Feel lots of stress?
Struggle to have self-control?
Lack focus and concentration?
Have low self-esteem and confidence?
Experience sleeping difficulties?
Feel out of control?
Struggle to let things go?
If you answered YES to any of those questions, our mindfulness teen group will be perfect for your teen! Held for eight consecutive weeks, our mindfulness program will build resilience, empowerment, and self-awareness through support, encouragement, and hands-on experiences in sessions.
Mindfulness Can Help With
Who Should Attend
Teenagers ages 13 to 18, or those in high school
🕙 2019 Schedule 🕙
6PM to 7:15PM on Mondays for eight weeks from September 9 through October 28
💲Pricing & Fees💲
$45 per session ($360 total)
$305 if paid in full before first session
- Weeks 1 & 2: We'll explore an introduction to mindfulness and lead into visual/auditory mindfulness. Your teen will come home with self-made mindfulness tools (arts and crafts!), practice guided meditations, and learn how specific activities can assist in mindfulness goals.
- Weeks 3 & 4: Your teen will explore more visual/auditory mindfulness skills before we lead into emotional mindfulness. We'll explore emotional intelligence while we learn the mind-body connection that emotions have. Through games and activities, your teen will practice these skills in-session with their peers.
- Weeks 5 & 6: Another day with arts and crafts, your teen will come home with more tools while we learn about kinetic mindfulness. We'll discuss how to expand the mind-body connection to use movement for achieving awareness.
- Weeks 7 & 8: Our program will wrap up with a focus on self-compassion and empathy. Games and art activities will tie together all of our discussions so far, and your teen will leave well-prepared to remain resilient and compassionate!
develop effective coping strategies to let things go
create healthy relationships with yourself and others
walk away with confidence to handle life's stressors
When you enroll, you'll receive complimentary access to our mindfulness portal, for both clients and parents.
Access all of our handouts, worksheets, and activities in one spot!
Perfect for parents to follow along, and for any handouts you may misplace!