Is it sometimes hard for you to believe in yourself? Is it easier to think negatively about yourself than positively? Negative thoughts hold you back. Daily affirmations may be a useful tool to help you shift your mindset. A healthy and positive mindset can improve your life!
What are affirmations?
Affirmations are positive reminders or statements that can be used to encourage and motivate yourself or others. Often it’s a lot easier to affirm others than it is ourselves. We need to remember to encourage ourselves as well. You’ve probably heard the saying- “you can’t pour from an empty cup.”
How do I chose an affirmation?
Start by choosing a few that feel motivating to you. The key here is that you don’t have to go through a running list of
affirmations every day. Just choose a few that really speak to you and encourage you to keep moving forward.
Here are some examples to try, or of course, you can write your own.
1. I am amazing and capable of more than I realize.
2. I am confident and powerful.
3. I am in control and I am safe.
4. Even in tough times, I will handle it.
5. I am resilient.
6. I am attracting positive experiences into my life.
7. I am enough.
8. I believe in the woman I am becoming.
9. I accept myself unconditionally.
10.I am trying my best.
How to use affirmations:
– Say them
– Write them down. A gratitude journal is also a great tool.
– Download an app.
The key here is to make this a routine. Put a reminder on your mirror, by your morning coffee, in the car. Anywhere you will be reminded to use them until it becomes a habit. You’ll start to see small improvements that help you feel better!