Rates and Insurance
What are your rates and fees?
Our rates vary based on clinician experience, certifications, and licensure level. Individual, couples, and family sessions range from $105 to $120. Group sessions range from $30 to $50 per session.
Do you accept insurance?
We are an out-of-network provider for all major insurances with the exception of the 14-week DBT groups. These groups are covered by Highmark and Capital Blue Cross plans.
We will provide you with monthly paperwork to submit to your insurance for reimbursement. Please note reimbursement is based on your plan's benefits.
Why don't you take any insurance?
There are a number of reasons we are not in-network with insurance plans.
- To protect your privacy
- Insurances require a lot of personal information about you and require your clinician to defend that your treatment is "medically necessary." This means that you have to have a mental health diagnosis that is severe enough to impair your daily functioning. It requires us to make strong justification for your diagnosis and how it prevents you from functioning. We'll be required to provide a medical diagnosis and a treatment plan to your insurance company, which will expose your personal struggles and confidential information to them. They can also request any of your session notes from your provider at any time in order to justify your treatment, which may end up being denied coverage if they don't believe we've defended your treatment strongly enough.
- Based on your diagnosis and treatment plan, some insurance carriers only allow you to visit us for a set number of sessions, requiring us to again defend why you need more than your insurance plan allows. If you have a deductible to meet, you'll pay the full session fee listed above for every session.
- To prevent diagnosis and its consequences
- What if you don't meet the criteria for diagnosis? Most of our clients are higher functioning and do not meet psychiatric criteria for a diagnosis. Many people seek therapy for personal growth and exploration, not due to serious illness. But your insurance company does not see these as valid reasons to visit us, and puts us in an awkward position of telling you your services are denied, meaning you'll have to pay the full fee out of pocket. (No, we can't ethically make up a diagnosis for you if you don't meet the criteria - sorry!)
- If we diagnose you and submit to your insurance company, this diagnosis is on your permanent health record and can impact your future premiums, future healthcare coverage, disclosure in job interviews/to HR departments, and disclosure for life insurance policies, to name a few.
- To provide you with the best-fit, compassionate, individualized care
- Your insurance company is staffed by non-therapists who decide if our certifications and licensures make sense to them. They pick and choose what treatment they want for you, rather than allowing us professionals and you yourself to collaboratively choose the best treatment option for you. They don't meet you and personally assess you like we do!
- It is our belief that high-quality mental health care should be accessible and affordable, and not limited based on diagnosis or insurance plan. Some deductibles and copays may be out of your current price range, and in-network providers are not allowed to offer you any financial relief from your copay, coinsurance, or deductible amounts since these are your personal contracted obligations with your insurance carrier. Out-of-network providers, on the other hand, offer more financial flexibility and we can consider your economic hardships and situations throughout your course of treatment to adjust your fee if necessary. Fun fact: The national average rate for therapists with the skill, experience, and expertise that we provide at Blossom is $150 to $350 per session. View our rates above to see that we have prioritized exceptional care at affordable fees!
Do you provide a sliding scale?
Yes! Each therapist can provide you discounted sessions as low as $85 if you are unable to receive out-of-network reimbursement, or if your deductible is way too high. This is at the discretion of each therapist and their scheduling availability. Reduced fees and sliding scales are designed for clients who are serious about making a commitment to therapy but cannot afford the fees.
In addition to sliding scale, we offer a reduced-fee program to support accessible and affordable mental health care.
- $0 to $85 per session for ages 4 and up based on household income and household size with our Masters-level interns from Villanova, West Chester, and/or Immaculata Universities.