What Depression Looks Like
We all feel sad sometimes - it's a normal part of our emotional experiences. Sometimes, sadness can last longer than we expect and make us feel uncomfortable, preventing us from participating in things we enjoy or from functioning how we need to.
Depression may look like...
- Lack of interest
- Sleep problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Changes in appetite
Help your child heal from depression
Kids and teens who experience depressive feelings may have different symptoms than adults. They're more likely to
- Feel or appear depressed, teary-eyed, agitated
- Become clingy
- Not enjoy things they used to
- Experience changes in eating habits
- Sleep more or less than usual
- Have thoughts about death and dying
- Blame themselves for bad things that happen
- Feel that no one cares about them
- Have trouble concentrating
- Care less about school and schoolwork
Our compassionate therapists will work collaboratively with you and your child/teen to heal, empower, and move forward to have a healthier, happier life.
Seek support and find your inner peace again.
You must be logged in to post a comment.