At Blossom Counseling and Wellness LLC, we are dedicated to empowering our clients through a process of healing and growing within a supportive, compassionate environment. Our providers are skilled and compassionate, and we would love to share our experiences with you as a student!
As private practice clinicians in a holistic, integrative health center, we can provide more than just a counseling experience. Interns will have opportunities to observe, assist in, and conduct sessions, workshops, marketing events, community events, and so much more! As a small business, students will also see the daily maintenance of a business – from accounting, marketing, and finances, to payroll and administrative tasks.
Gaining experience in a private practice pre-licensure is a rare opportunity, and one that can provide you with so much more insight and experiences than other students may have the opportunity to receive.
Consistent with the profession’s standards, these internships are nonpaid but may count towards your school credit or experience. Please check with your school and/or Board regarding credit.
These internships are currently offered to undergraduate and Master’s level students only. Master’s level practicum students and Master’s level interns will be able to earn credit towards your school’s clinical criteria required for graduation and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Be enrolled in or a graduate of an undergraduate or graduate program. Majors considered include:
- Psychology and/or counseling (BA or BS; MA, MS, or MEd)
- Finance and accounting
- Social work
- Behavioral health
- Healthcare administration
- Healthcare sciences
- Other majors/courses of study are more than welcome if your school/profession allows supervision by an LPC.
- Completed coursework in psychology, counseling, and/or social work
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
- You must pass and obtain proof of three clearances: Federal Bureau of Investigation Child Abuse, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check, Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
Intern Duties Responsibilities
- Assist in the facilitation of group therapy sessions
- Conduct sessions for ages 4 and up in group, couples, family, and/or individual settings (Master’s level only)
- Interact with clients in a professional, friendly manner
- Assist in administrative duties, including but not limited to charting, patient outreach, and inquiry responses
- Optional, but highly encouraged, attendance of marketing events
- Optional, but highly encouraged, attendance of community events
- Assist in session preparation, including but not limited to treatment planning, initial evaluations, set up/cleanup
Internship positions are available immediately. Please contact us for more information by using the form below.